The world-famous PRADO museum presented several masterpieces from its collection for an exhibition at the Art Museum Riga Bourse from March 25 to July 16, 2017. MOTUS VITA members are very grateful to the Boris and Inara Teterev Foundation which offered us an opportunity to enjoy the paintings of the great authors. The twelve masterpieces are delighting the eyes of millions of visitors of the largest Spanish museum for years. It is for the first that that owing to the support of Boris and Inara Teterev the paintings are exhibited in the Baltic region. This is the gift of the benefactors for the 100th anniversary of the Republic of Latvia.
Motor Neuron Disease – for Patients and Medical Professionals
On May 6, 2017, at the Tallink Hotel Riga, at 24 Elizabetes street in Riga, an event named “Day of the Motor Neuron Disease – for Patients and Medical Professionals” was held by the Latvian Society of Neuroimmunologists in cooperation with the Association for people with special needs MOTUS VITA.
On March 26th, 2017, in the premises of the Svētās Ģimenes māja a concert by Olesya Rostovskaya for MOTUS VITA members and other guests took place. Olesya is organist and performer on such musical instruments as carillon and thereminvox.
Olesya Rostovskaya is one of the leading thereminvox performers and a very creative composer with her numerous compositions for symphony and chamber orchestras, different ensembles, choir, organ, carillon, thereminvox, vocal pieces, music for theater, radio, electro acoustic music. Among her compositions there are “Markus – Passion”, Concert for thereminvox and orchestra, “Carriage” opera after the book of Nikolay Gogol and many other. Her music was played on many famous stages in Russia, USA, Eastern and Western Europe.
On Sunday, February 11th, members of the organization for people with special needs MOTUS VITA participated in an educational master class given by the laughter therapy and deep relaxation coach Andrejs Basuns (centre “Human Path”). Andrejs is the author of various publications on personal development, participant of international conferences. He kindly accepted to share with us his knowledge about relaxation, fulfilling the heart with warmness, learning to laugh. Participants of the seminar were especially interested by the topic of diseases and their causes, learned how to get rid of inner emptiness. Those questions are most burning issues for every person in a wheelchair. How to fulfill the life with sense and contents when the destiny itself clipped your wings… During the meeting in a cozy hall of the center Svētās Ģimenes māja we discussed easily and with smile even most complicated issues.
At the awards ceremony of the annual competition "Year Award to support people with disabilities" a certificate of honor in the category "Social Campaign" was officially presented to society "Motus Vita". It is one of seven nominations, which non-governmental organizations can engage, concerned with disability. The competition is organized by the Ombudsman’s Office of Latvia, in cooperation with the Latvian National Library and the Union of people with disabilities and their friends "Apeirons". The winners are determined by the jury, which include well-known people in the society.
On February 4th, 2017, in the premises of the Svētās Ģimenes Māja a theatre class took place held by the authors of the “OPEN THEATRE” project Tatjana Cerkovska, head of the Art Platform STADIA, actress, theatre teacher, and Andrejs Garkavi, artistic director of the Art Platform STADIA, actor, producer.
On November 26th, 2016, in the frame of the International Arts Festival ART RIGA FAIR 2016, and thanks to the support of the Boris and Ināra Teterev’s Charitable Foundation, the association of persons with special needs MOTUS VITA organized an event for its members and friends.
It is often that the patients with serious diseases feel not needed, not solicited or interesting to anyone. The patients who try to overcome those feelings by defining particular goals beyond their disease, do quite often stop or freeze the development of the disease, and live an interesting, busy and a quite long life.
We all know and love theater like spectators. But how this miraculous action – a theatre performance - is being born? How do they do it? On September 18th, 2016, MOTUS VITA members and our guests had a unique possibility to found out answers to these questions from the source. Tatjana Lukasenkova, actress of the Mikhail Chekhov Riga Russian Theatre shared with us secrets of her profession. She was not only very open-hearted to tell us about her long-term professional experience, but also showed herself in a different role of a brilliant singer accompanied by excellent musicians.
From May 30th to June 3rd, the non-governmental organization MOTUS VITA organized in the premises of Svētās Ģimenes Māja a course of lectures in public speaking held by Jurijs Kušpelo, professional actor and TV news presenter at the First Baltic TV Channel.
On Friday, May 20th, 2016, looking back to the five years period’s achievements of the Boris and Ināra Teterev Charity Foundation’s work, the Foundation awarded charity and volunteerism actors from all across Latvia. 12 organizations were honoured by the Foundation.
- My Four-Legged Friend
- Theatre Art as Way of Living
- What is Theater Like?
- The Association MOTUS VITA Awarded in “Social Campaign” Nomination
- Art brut. Joy of creativity
- Contemporary Art Exhibition. Arts Programme TÊTE-À-TÊTE 2015
- Poetry of music
- Festive evening in the Baltic Beach Hotel
- Excursion to Pure Chocolate
- The 11th International Nordic ALS/NMD Alliance Conference
- Fairy Tale Therapy II
- Humanitarian Help From “Humanity For Good” Foundation
- The Magnetism of Provence
- Award for the development of personality
- Fairytales therapy
- Our first Bibliotherapy meeting
- Winter tale
- Motus Vita Art Exhibition
- MOTUS VITA Birthday
- From Art Therapy to Art Brut
- Association of people with special needs “Motus Vita” held a round table's discussions
- Humanitarian gift from Belgium
- So many questions are waiting to be answered
- Day of Beauty
- 21th Annual Meeting International Alliance of ALS/MND Associations
- Help for children
- New home for Motus Vita society
- International Music Festival “Summertime – Inese Galante invites”, Jurmala 2013
- Summer Camp "Challenge 6" , 2013 . "Wings for Wheels".
- Exhibition in Riga Congress House
- International Day of rare diseases.
- The collaboration agreement with the society "Time Bank" is signed.
- Learning English at the beginners level
- Visit to the opera
- 20th Annual Meeting International Alliance of ALS/MND Associations
- Auction of organization MOTUS VITA artworks
- An art exhibition MOTUS VITA in s/c Galleria Riga.
- VII conference of Northern ALS/MND Alliance "Baltic bridge"
- „Work honors its doer”
- How to practically impact policy of disability
- How to practically impact policy of disability
- Summer camp “Challenge 5”, 2012. “Wings for Wheels”.
- Visit to Iceland
- Program: technical auxiliary aids.
- International Festival of Social Short Films "The Naked King".
- Charity concert in Riga Congress.
- Meeting with the European Association of rare diseases EURORDIS
- The exhibition at the Riga Duma.
- The meeting with Dinamo Riga.
- Camp in Talsi
- A trip to Rundale
- Boris Batyrev
- A trip to Jekabpils
- Creative Showcase
- Trip to Sigulda